Friday 20 January 2012

HIS COURT OF MERCY

As I gaze at the heavens,
I ponder on the mystical mysteries of God
His appearance like the glistening of shining armour
In the hot, midday sun
His features so majestic and worthy of laud
His power so mighty, His character so proud
To watch Him is frightening,
Though my eyes have never seen
My thoughts have imagined much more than my spirits extreme
And I, a sinner and unredeemable fiend
Look up to His holiness which has no end
For though as fearful as He may be
A friend for sinners, a friend for all is He
So with my sin and guilt and shame
I bend my weak, white knees before His frame
And lay my burdens at His feet
In His court where He dwells to judge as He pleases
And there forever at His right,
Is my dear Lord Jesus pleading with all His might,
And I, as imperfect as I maybe
Am made whole and perfect through Christ’s love for me
For He continues the work He started on the cross
Not minding the cost and without bearing a grudge

No comments:

Post a Comment